In just a few short months, the entire world has been flipped upside down, with the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic forcing businesses around the world to shut down indefinitely or to quickly evolve the way they operate. The fallout includes devastating human tragedy and economic crisis that few companies were prepared for — leaving them vulnerable to a number of additional challenges.
As the global pandemic continues to change our daily lives, it’s important to look to experts for sound advice.
My virtual educational series, Out Front Ideas with Kimberly and Mark, is offering complimentary weekly COVID-19 briefings beginning Tuesday, April 7. This series is designed as a forum for employers, payers and service providers across claims and benefits, insurance, risk management and workforce absence programs to focus on the impact COVID-19 is having on our industry.
In our first session on April 7, industry CEOs will discuss how they are overcoming business continuity challenges during the pandemic. The financial impact on workers’ compensation is evident today and will be long-lasting in many situations. What should you know and follow when it comes to regulatory and legislative developments? What changes are being made to allow adjusters, nurses and insurance colleagues to work at home? How are we ensuring access to care and providing timely treatment for injured workers?
- Keith Newton – Chairman, President & CEO, Concentra
- Dave North – President & CEO, Sedgwick
- Thomas Warsop – CEO, One Call
- Mark Wilhelm – CEO, Safety National
Our briefings will explore additional coronavirus-related topics, including:
- Financial impact of coverage expansion beyond scope of insurance policies
- Coronavirus claims: Process, findings and outlook
- Access to care considerations
- Pain management in a virtual environment
- Workforce well-being, mental health and social isolation
- Return to work during a pandemic
Webinars will occur each Tuesday, 11:00 a.m. Central time, and will be archived on the site following each broadcast. Join us to listen in on these valuable discussions that are sure to provide a combination of education and actionable steps that your organization may want to consider.
- Click to register for upcoming COVID-19 webinars.
- Be sure to follow Out Front Ideas with Kimberly and Mark on LinkedIn for the opportunity to submit questions the week before each webinar.
- Bookmark the Out Front Ideas coronavirus resources page for a wealth of information from trusted industry sources.
- Visit Sedgwick's coronvirus resource center, where our collected news and updates can be found during the pandemic.
We look forward to sharing ideas with you next week and beyond as we work through these challenging times together.