This guarantee plan sets out the conditions under which Sedgwick Nederland TPA B.V., having its registered office in (3016 DG) Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and having its principal place of business at Westerstraat 21 in 3016 DG Rotterdam (referred to hereinafter as ‘Sedgwick TPA’) will make payments to customers who suffer loss or damage as a consequence of a failure on the part of EXPEDIA INC., established at 333, 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004, United States of America (hereinafter referred to as ‘Expedia’) to perform Travel C (as defined below) if said failure is the result of Expedia’s insolvency.
Sedgwick TPA will administer this plan, based on a surety bond entered into between Expedia and a third party, in which Sedgwick TPA has been appointed as claims handler and administrator.
In this guarantee plan, 'Travel Service' means:
c. rental of cars or other motor vehicles;
d. other tourist services not ancillary to transport or accommodation and accounting for a significant proportion of the package.
In this guarantee plan, 'Travel Contract' means a booking made with respect to a:
A. Package Travel - A combination of at least two different types of Travel Services for the purpose
of the same trip or holiday, if:
1. purchased from a single point of sale and those services have been selected before the customer agrees to pay,
2. offered, sold or charged at an inclusive or total price,
3. advertised or sold under the term 'package' or similar term,
4. combined after the conclusion of a contract by which Expedia entitles customer to choose among a selection of different types of travel services, or
5. purchased from separate traders through linked online booking processes where the customer's contact details are transmitted from Expedia to another trader and a contract with the latter trader is concluded within 24 hours after confirmation of the booking.
B. Linked travel arrangement (referred to hereinafter as 'LTA')At least two different types of Travel Services purchased for the purpose of the same trip or holiday, not constituting a package, resulting in the conclusion of separate contracts with Expedia and other individual travel service providers, if Expedia facilitates:
Scope of the guarantee plan