- Sedgwick forecasts industry trends for 2017
Sedgwick forecasts industry trends for 2017
January 10, 2017
- WCIRB of California requires reporting of all insured first aid claims beginning Jan. 1, 2017
2017.pdf, WCIRB of California requires reporting of all insured first aid claims beginning Jan. 1, 2017
December 07, 2016
- Sedgwick prepares for Hurricane Matthew
Sedgwick prepares for Hurricane Matthew
October 07, 2016
- Oklahoma Supreme Court renders Employee Injury Benefit Act unconstitutional
On Sept. 13, 2016, the Oklahoma Supreme Court decided that a core provision of the OEIBAis unconstitutional.
September 23, 2016
- Enhancing our level of care on complex and catastrophic claims
Enhancing our level of care on complex and catastrophic claims
August 25, 2016
- OSHA’s new electronic reporting requirement
OSHA’s new electronic reporting requirement
June 06, 2016
- Sedgwick Institute established to heighten discussion of industry issues
Sedgwick Institute established to heighten discussion of industry issues
February 22, 2016
- Sedgwick and California Division of Workers’ Compensation reach settlement
Sedgwick and California Division of Workers’ Compensation reach settlement
January 04, 2016
- ICD-10 conversion update
ICD-10 conversion update
November 30, 2015
- vrs VeriClaim acquires Certo
Specialist loss adjuster vrs VeriClaim, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sedgwick, completed its acquisition of Certo chartered loss adjusters to develop its third-party administration and commercial loss adjusting capability in the UK and beyond.
July 01, 2015
- Preparedness for Oct. 1 ICD-10 compliance date
Preparedness for Oct. 1 ICD-10 compliance date. Visit our ICD-10 preparedness page.
June 30, 2015
- U.S. Department of Labor updates definition of spouse
U.S. Department of Labor updates definition of spouse
March 13, 2015
- 5 factors for fifteen: Sedgwick forecasts top risk and productivity management trends
5 factors for fifteen: Sedgwick forecasts top risk and productivity management trends
January 27, 2015
- New OSHA reporting requirements take effect Jan 1, 2015
The U.S. Department of Labor announced revisions to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s recordkeeping rule, including an expansion of the list of severe work-related injuries that employers must report to OSHA beginning Jan 1, 2015.
December 11, 2014
- Ebola: What you need to know
Ebola: What you need to know
November 03, 2014
- HHS establishes Oct 1, 2015 ICD-10 compliance date
HHS establishes Oct 1, 2015 ICD-10 compliance date
September 04, 2014
- Florida circuit court judge: WC exclusive remedy provision unconstitutional
Florida circuit court judge: WC exclusive remedy provision unconstitutional
August 22, 2014
- General notice-Fraud alert for attorneys
General notice-Fraud alert for attorneys
July 22, 2014
- NY Fair Play Act alters legal definition of “employee”
The NY Fair Play Act addresses the status of drivers who possess a state-issued driver’s license and operate a commercial motor vehicle as defined by law.
April 18, 2014
- Government delays ICD-10 implementation
Government delays ICD-10 implementation
April 04, 2014
- Medicare Bulletin - February 2014
Read the latest from Sedgwick’s Medicare compliance unit, including details on our new Medicare concierge service.
February 27, 2014
- Sedgwick Foresight for 14
Client bulletin: Sedgwick Foresight for 14
January 08, 2014
- Okla. Supreme Court upholds constitutionality of WC law
The Okla. Supreme Court ruled Dec. 16 in a 7-to-1 decision that clears the path for implementing Senate Bill 1062, which is slated to take effect Feb. 1, 2014.
December 20, 2013
- Impact of the government shutdown on Medicare compliance
The ongoing shutdown of the U.S. federal government has had an adverse effect on numerous other agencies and departments.
October 08, 2013
- ICD-10 implementation just one year away
ICD-10 implementation just one year away
October 01, 2013
- On June 7, 2013, Fla. Governor Rick Scott signed into law two bills impacting workers’ compensation claims handling.
The enactment of Senate Bill 662 ends the battle over reimbursement for repackaged drugs. House Bill 553 to streamline regulations and clean up statutory conflicts.
July 08, 2013
- Sedgwick sponsors white paper on Oklahoma workers’ compensation alternate coverage provisions
Sedgwick sponsors white paper on Oklahoma workers’ compensation alternate coverage provisions
June 04, 2013
- Tenn. WC reforms aimed at system efficiency, predictability
On April 29, 2013, Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam signed into law Senate Bill 200, known as the Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Reform Act of 2013.
May 23, 2013
- Sedgwick announces push technology and expanded self-service capabilities.
Sedgwick introduces push technology for our clients with workers’ compensation claims. With this addition, injured workers can choose to receive emails or text messages with information about key claim decisions.
April 29, 2013
- Our 2012 Drug Trends Report examines outcomes for clients transitioned to our enhanced pharmacy benefit management program in 2011.
In 2011, Sedgwick released an enhanced pharmacy benefit management program aimed at quality healthcare, prescriber education, and cost benefit for clients. In order to identify the impact of this program and our approach to clinical drug management.
April 24, 2013
- Sedgwick’s latest white papers offer perspective on narcotic management and provider benchmarking.
Kimberly George, SVP, Managed Care Practices and Client Services, shares more about how we set our standards to ensure effective care for injured workers while also achieving sound financial outcomes for employers.
April 22, 2013
- New York budget bills include significant workers' compensation reform
On March 29, 2013, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo signed the state's 2013-2014 budget bills into law. According to the governor's office, these changes could save New York employers as much as $800 million in loss costs.
April 15, 2013
- Sedgwick committed to meeting 2014 deadline for ICD-10 code compliance
The national ICD-10 initiative is a significant overhaul of the diagnostic and procedural medical coding system mandated by the federal government for use in the health care industry in insurance processing, reimbursement, and statistical data gathering.
March 22, 2013
- Florida court ruling in Westphal v. City of St. Petersburg may create exposure for extended TTD benefits
Since 1994, temporary total disability benefits (TTD) for Florida claims have been limited to only 104 weeks. A decision by the Florida First District Court of Appeal (DCA) now extends the payment of TTD benefits to up to 260 weeks, or five years.
March 20, 2013
- Client notice regarding gallon smashing
We have identified a new viral video that has created a possible risk for our clients in the grocery, convenience store, restaurant, and retail sectors.
March 07, 2013
- U.S. Department of Labor implements new FMLA regulations
Rule expands protections for military families and airline employees. Last month, the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) Wage and Hour Division released its final regulations implementing two important protection expansions under FMLA.
March 01, 2013
- Medicaid compliance challenges on the horizon
The Medicaid health program is a state/federal partnership that covers nearly 50 million low income Americans. The expansion of Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) may result in increased expenditures for both the federal and state governments.
February 28, 2013
- Galaher Settlements: New brand name, same great service and expertise
February 01, 2013
- New DOL FMLA guidance on leave to care for adult children with disabilities
On January 14, 2013, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) released a Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Administrator Interpretation Letter No. 2013-1.
January 31, 2013
- U.S. Senate, House pass the SMART Act: Medicare compliance changes on the horizon
On December 21, 2012, we were very pleased to learn that, by a unanimous vote andjust one week after their counterparts in the U.S. House of Representatives, the U.S. Senate passed the Strengthening Medicare and Repaying Tax Payers (SMART) Act.
January 07, 2013
- California pregnancy disability amendments
The California Fair Employment and Housing Commission has adopted amendments to the current pregnancy disability leave (PDL) regulations that take effect December 30, 2012.
December 28, 2012
- New study on workers' compensation opt-out trends
A newly released report examines whether or not the ability for employers to opt-out of the Texas workers’ compensation system has produced significant results that could help other states.
December 12, 2012
- Texas Supreme Court case limits attorney-client privilege
A ruling by the Texas Supreme Court jeopardizes the attorney-client privilege regarding insured workers’ compensation cases.
December 11, 2012
- Dr. Teresa Bartlett of Sedgwick Recognized Among Business Insurances's 2012 Women to Watch
Dr. Teresa Bartlett of Sedgwick Recognized Among Business Insurances's 2012 Women to Watch
December 05, 2012
- State of Washington creates medical provider network
State of Washington creates medical provider network
November 14, 2012
- Hurricane Sandy update: Service uninterrupted, some east coast offices remain closed Tuesday
We are still closely monitoring the impact of Hurricane Sandy as the storm continues its path across the mid-Atlantic and northeast coastal regions of the United States.
October 30, 2012
- Hurricane Sandy update: All Sedgwick offices expected to be operational Wednesday
We are pleased to report that none of our offices in the path of Hurricane Sandy sustained any serious damage during the storm, and all locations have power and network connectivity at this time.
October 30, 2012
- Hurricane Sandy prompts Sedgwick office closings along the East Coast.
During all inclement weather our top priority is the safety of our colleagues. Due to the ferocity of this storm, we have decided to close the following offices on Monday, October 29, 2012.
October 29, 2012
- California Passes Senate Bill 863 Workers' Compensation Reform Targets Benefits for Workers and Business
California Passes Senate Bill 863 Workers' Compensation Reform Targets Benefits for Workers and Business
October 01, 2012
- Sedgwick tops the charts, offering a world of resources to a diverse client base
Sedgwick tops the charts, offering a world of resources to a diverse client base
August 28, 2012
- Workers' Compensation Study Shows Prescription Drug Spending Up
Workers' Compensation Study Shows Prescription Drug Spending Up
August 22, 2012
- Medicare Compliance Update-August
Medicare Compliance Update-August
August 16, 2012
- Louisiana passes several workers compensation laws during 2012 session
Louisiana passes several workers compensation laws during 2012 session
August 02, 2012
- Montana Supreme Court decision limits insured employers' access to WC claims information
Montana Supreme Court decision limits insured employers' access to WC claims information
June 29, 2012
- NATO Summit in Chicago-Sedgwick downtown Chicago office in the "Red Zone"
Our downtown Chicago office on West Jackson is in the federally declared “red zone” and, as a result, may experience unanticipated activity or disruptions.
May 16, 2012
- Federal government report critiques CMS’ Medicare compliance procedures
Federal government report critiques CMS’ Medicare compliance procedures
April 23, 2012
- U.S. Department of Labor proposes new FMLA regulations
U.S. Department of Labor proposes new FMLA regulations
April 03, 2012
- Medicare Compliane update-February 2012
Medicare Compliane update-February 2012
February 01, 2012
- Using Data Analytics to Drive Claims Outcomes
Using Data Analytics to Drive Claims Outcomes
January 26, 2012