Mr. Behrens has over 35 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering, with the last 30 years primarily devoted to Forensic Engineering. His forensic practice has included over a thousand engineering investigations involving a variety of fires, explosions, accidents, and product failures.
Mr. Behrens has conducted hundreds of full-scale vehicle crash, fire and component tests, which has provided a practical basis for his extensive expertise in the analysis of automotive fires, failures and accidents.
In addition to vehicle investigations, Mr. Behrens has expertise in fire and failure analysis of appliances, plumbing systems, fire sprinkler systems, HVAC, and various commercial/industrial equipment.
Mr. Behrens also provides engineering expert evaluations for slip/trip & fall accidents and premises liability issues. He also is experienced in the investigation of water intrusion, foundation damage and roof failure claims on commercial and residential structures.
Mr. Behrens has provided expert witness testimony in over 35 cases involving various fires, accidents and product failures. His specific areas of expertise include:
• Mechanical Engineering and Design Analysis
• Vehicle Fire Origin & Cause (including Heavy Trucks, RV’s, Motorhomes, Agricultural & Construction Machinery)
• Vehicle Accident Reconstruction (Passenger Cars, Heavy Trucks, Motorcycles, Bicycles)
• Vehicle Failure Analysis (Fuel Systems, Tires, Brakes, Engine, Restraints)
• Low Speed Vehicle Accidents (Injury Potential & Damage Feasibility Analysis)
• Plumbing System & Appliance Failure Analysis (Fire Sprinkler Systems, Plumbing Components, Toilets, Water Heaters, RO systems, Water Filters, Washing Machines, Dishwashers)
• Fire Cause Analysis of Industrial Equipment & Appliances (Generators, Compressors, Boilers, HVAC Equipment, Cooking Appliances, Dryers)
• Fireplace, Chimney & Wood-Burning Appliance Fire Investigations
• Natural Gas & Propane System Fires & Explosions
• Industrial Equipment & Consumer Product Failure & Safety Analysis
• Building Premises Safety Analysis (Slip/Trip & Fall, Stairs, Ladders, Lighting, Visibility, Automatic Doors, Code/Standard Compliance)
• Building Failure Analysis (Water Intrusion, Foundations, Roofs, Construction Methods, HVAC, Ventilation, Interior/Exterior Cracks)
• Project Management
• Expert Witness Testimony