SOLUTIONS | PROPERTY
Forensic accounting services
Experts provide independent financial analysis services for carriers, adjusters and attorneys to ensure claims are accurately quantified and resolved.
What we do
We assist with many different types of claims such as business interruption, cyber, employee fidelity, personal injury and inventory losses. Our experienced forensic accountants collaborate with the insured and the adjusting team to measure the full financial impact of the loss and provide the information that insurance and legal professionals need.
The breadth of our services encompasses every major industry segment and claim type.
Experience and expertise
Our accountants have in-depth experience in the following financial areas:
- Measurement of economic damages
- Appropriate calculations of co-insurance, waiting period deductibles and other conditions
- Elimination of duplicate payments
- Determination of alternative means to measure losses when traditional documentation is unavailable
- Measurement of losses that cannot be physically observed
- Working with insureds to mitigate time element losses
The breadth of our services
The breadth of our services encompasses every major industry segment and claim type. Our expert team specialises in key areas including:
- Business interruption/contingent business interruption analysis
- Employee dishonesty and fraud
- Stock loss
- Increased cost of working and additional increased cost of working calculation
- Property damage claims
- Product recall and product liability
- Builder’s risk and soft costs
- Loss of rent
- Litigation support
- Data analytics
- Pre-loss business interruption review and impact analysis
- Valuation of intangible assets
INTERESTED IN OUR SERVICES?
NEWS AND INSIGHTS
Sedgwick appoints Amanda Hillier forensic accounting services par...
SYDNEY, 1 June 2023 – Sedgwick, a leading global provider of technology-enabled risk, benefit...
Forensic accounting adds value, accuracy to claim resolutions
Sedgwick’s Imagine 23 thought leadership list highlights “what if” scenarios. That is precis...
Farm buildings: an accident waiting to happen?
By Ross Thurlow, engineering manager, EFI Global, New Zealand Forensic investigators are often prese...
Product recall claim costs: Is there a true standard?
By Jillian Pancott, senior manager, forensic advisory services, Australia Product recalls impact tho...
Golf drives a hard bargain
By Ross Thurlow, engineering manager, EFI Global, New Zealand In response to an allegation, forensic...
Australia update: Business interruption policy response to COVID-...
By Kimberley Daley, Head of professional services Australia Since the outbreak of COVID-19 in early ...
THIS SERVICE IS AVAILABLE IN:
United Arab Emirates
Sign up to get more from Sedgwick
Thought leadership • Regulatory updates • New solutions • News and developments