SOLUTIONS | PROPERTY
Our building consulting team offers a wide range of services, from traditional cost estimating and scheduling to total project management.
The right experts where and when you need them
When property damage occurs, the various steps involved in obtaining repair estimates and technical advice can be overwhelming. Having a partner managing the process can help control costs and improve the outcome.
Our clients trust us to understand their needs and provide the right experts where and when they are needed. With unrivaled construction all risk (CAR) and engineering all risk (EAR) expertise, we reduce claims spend by recommending a swift and appropriate course of action from day one.
We are recognised for our expertise in buildings, civil engineering and mechanical and electrical engineering projects. This allows us to provide a high level of technical competence in contractors all risks, engineering all risks, delay in start- up and completed civil works claims, as well as construction liability and stand-alone machinery breakdown claims.
Sedgwick offers a wide range of specialized building consulting services to help insurance companies and customers every step of the way.
Solutions to meet your needs
Our in-house consultants, engineers and quantity surveyors have experience working with architects, building contractors and fire investigators. We also offer the flexibility to work with our own panel or the client’s preferred experts. Our team provides trusted, accurate replacement cost estimates, and serves as an independent resource during the investigation and rebuild phase.
We work with builders on our clients’ behalf to eliminate waste and improve efficiency and profitability. Our qualified experts are trained in assessing each case on its individual merits, enabling them to truly understand each client’s unique needs.
Technical excellence and the customer experience — getting the balance right
For a customer who is experiencing the trauma and disruption caused by a flooded or burnt property, technical excellence is important — but it’s not everything. In addition to their technical know-how, Sedgwick’s experts have highly developed communication and problem-solving skills. This combination allows us to balance the priorities of each party involved based on our in-depth knowledge of the building’s structure and the claims handling process. We provide reassurance, control and constant communication to all involved so they have confidence in our strategy to restore their property quickly and effectively.
Ensuring clear, timely communication between all parties is a critical part of every project. Working as a team means we can provide the support needed to manage each loss effectively for our clients.
- Detailed cost estimates and assistance with reserve setting
- Production schedules when third-party contractors are involved
- Assistance with competitive bids to make sure the right contractors are engaged at the right price
- Validation of construction costs or contractor quotes
- Interim advice on valuations
- Assistance with contractor selection
- Specialist advice on mechanical, electrical and civil engineering costs, risk management, value engineering, forensic quantum investigations and auditing
- Document management and tracking for the life of the claim
- Change order review oversight
- Roofing systems and replacement cost assessments
- Financial reporting and cost control
- Mitigation bill review and negotiation
- Clerk of the works services
- Advanced imaging and documentation using 3D imaging and drone technology
- Construction schedule mitigation
- Alternative dispute resolution for contracts and costs
- Complex water intrusion claims
- Non-insurance project
- Construction management and supervision
- Technical due diligence
- Consulting and documentation
- Quality checking and process handling
INTERESTED IN OUR SERVICES?
NEWS AND INSIGHTS
Building consultants offer safety guidance, technical expertise a...
May is Building Safety Month, an international campaign to raise awareness about the importance of b...
Tackling the challenges of basement flooding
By Dean Harding-Dempster, technical practice group lead, building consultancy division The number of...
A look back at the Westport floods
By Skot Penfold, head of building consultancy services, New Zealand More than one year ago, heavy ra...
Managing risk in the property loss landscape
By Mark Canthal, B.Sc. (Agr.), CR – manager, building consulting services, Western Canada RIA ...
Albert Belo joins Sedgwick building consulting team in Ontario
Building consulting division continues growth trajectory TORONTO, July 20, 2022 – Sedgwick, ...
Digital twin technology: another dimension to claims assessments
By James McIntosh, national manager, technical services and Bruce Visser, technical manager, repair ...
Beyond the building process
By Skot Penfold, Head of building consultancy services When it comes to construction projects, insur...
THIS SERVICE IS AVAILABLE IN:
Sign up to get more from Sedgwick
Thought leadership • Regulatory updates • New solutions • News and developments