SOLUTIONS | PROPERTY
Sedgwick has extensive experience providing a fair valuation service across all property types.
What we do
Natural and man-made catastrophes impact thousands of properties and cause millions of pounds in damages each year. At Sedgwick, we undertake desktop and site visit valuations to provide an accurate, Reinstatement Cost Assessment (RCA) report to assist you in setting the correct declared value (DV) and/or sum insured.
It’s fundamental that a building is insured for an adequate amount. If an incident occurs and the sum insured doesn’t reflect the rebuilding cost, your policy may not meet the full cost of replacing or repairing the building, leaving a potentially significant shortfall for you to fund.
This is even more important where a building is listed, and you have a statutory responsibility to reinstate. A Reinstatement Cost Assessment (RCA) report gives you peace of mind that the building has been insured for an adequate amount. It provides a rebuilding figure that includes the cost of demolition, debris removal and professional fees, itemised for each building to be included.
Sedgwick has a proven history of stability, financial strength and respect in the marketplace. We will be there when you need us.
Benefits for the property owner obtaining an RCA
- Peace of mind regarding the adequacy of sums insured
- Avoid underinsurance penalties
- Help identify over insurance, to avoid paying excessive premiums
- Competitive fees, regardless of the level of underinsurance discovered
- Desktop review available after three years (additional fee applies)
Benefits for the agent/broker obtaining an RCA
- Assistance meeting obligations under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Insurance Act 2015 and Consumer Duty
- A value-added service differentiator for both new and existing customers
- Target-related commission schemes available
Benefits for the insurer
- Accurate reinstatement cost assessment ensures the correct sum is insured, which allows you to calculate premiums based on true values at risk
- Avoid underinsurance issues at the point of a claim
- Enhance your risk management offering
- Strengthen broker and customer relationships with long-term arrangements and average waiver guarantee
- Valuable management information and competitive fees for reinstatement cost assessment
INTERESTED IN OUR SERVICES?
NEWS AND INSIGHTS
Sedgwick acquires Appraisal Service of Mississippi, Inc.
MEMPHIS, Tenn., April 18, 2023 — Sedgwick, a leading global provider of technology-enabl...
Expand your view at SEMA 2022
By Chris Bakes, managing director, auto solutions, and Jason Kurutz, director, product management an...
Counterfeiting is on the rise: here’s what you need to know
By Olivier LANCIAU, Expert FINE ART certifié E.A.A. Spécialité Vol chez Sedgwick France As the vo...
What to expect when we’re inspecting: method of inspection in a...
By Chris Bakes, managing director, auto solutions Many people aren’t familiar with the process of ...
THIS SERVICE IS AVAILABLE IN:
Papua New Guinea
United Arab Emirates
Sign up to get more from Sedgwick
Thought leadership • Regulatory updates • New solutions • News and developments